Sennheiser SPM 8000
Esfera is a surround microphone system which is easy to install and very easy to use. Esfera provides 5.1 surround sound from just two channels, making complicated surround mic installations a thing of the past. The system consists of the SPM 8000 stereo microphone and the SPB 8000 processing unit that converts the signals of the microphones into a complete 5.1 audio signal.
Two RF condenser microphone capsules in XY configuration are at the core of the Esfera SPM 8000 stereo microphone. When used in conjunction with the SPB 8000 central units, the two microphones can create a 5.1-channel surround effect. The microphone is supplied complete with basket windshield, suspension with pistol grip, “hairy” cover and stereo cable (XLR-5 to 2x XLR-3).
- Can be used as a high-quality stereo microphone or – with the SPB 8000 – as a compact 5.1 microphone
- Very natural, detailed sound
- Weather-proof and rugged
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise prevents masking of delicate sound structures
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced microphone outputs: no coupling of spurious signals
- High output signal voltage ensures interference-free signal paths
- Supplied complete with basket windshield, suspension with pistol grip, “hairy” cover and stereo cable (XLR-5 to 2x XLR-3)