With a 0.28:1 throw ratio, the Casio XJ UT311WN Ultra Short Throw DLP Multimedia Projector from Casio is designed for installation in classrooms and other settings where the projector needs to be placed very close to the screen or whiteboard. It features a 3100 lumen light source that, notably, uses a combination of an LED and lasers to produce white light and has a lamp life of up to 20,000 hours. A single-chip 0.65″ DLP imaging device delivers a 1280 x 800 (WXGA) native resolution and 16:10 native aspect ratio. Thanks to internal scaling capability, the projector can also accept non-native signals up to 1080p for HDTV and 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) for computer sources.
For connection to a computer, document camera, Blu-ray or DVD player, A/V system, or many other types of video sources, the projector features an HDMI input, two VGA inputs, and legacy composite and S-video inputs. The VGA inputs also support component by using a separately available component (YCbCr/YPbPr) to VGA adapter or cable. Separate analog audio input means the projector can accommodate audio if required, outputting it through a 10-watt mono speaker. There is also an analog audio output for connecting amplified speakers or a sound system. A USB port allows you to connect a storage device such as a flash drive to give “PC-less” presentations and allows you to connect the included YW-40 wireless LAN adapter. With this adapter you can give presentations from a Mac or Windows computer or iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile device.
A wireless IR remote is included, and works from up to 16.4′ away. For integration with automation systems like Crestron or control via software, there is an RS-232C port and an Ethernet port.
- Ultra-Short Throw Design
- With a 0.28:1 throw ratio it is possible to render a 100″-diagonal (85″-wide) image with the projector mounted 2′ away from the screen. By mounting at such a close distance the risk of shadow interference and potentially dazzling specular reflections is greatly reduced.
- Single Chip DLP Technology
- Features less spacing between pixels and better contrast than many comparable LCD-based systems, and the design does not require a filter that needs to be replaced.
- Laser/LED Hybrid Light Source
- Combines the light produced by a laser array and a mercury-free LED lamp to provide a light source outputting 3100 lumens, which is more energy efficient than conventional projector lamps and features a life of up to 20,000 hours. Additionally, the Casio Hybrid Light Source projector enables quick startup and shutdown. The projector reaches its maximum brightness in a minimum of 8 seconds and requires no cooling down period.
- USB Functionality
- Provides an alternative way of connecting the projector to a computer – besides HDMI or VGA – to give presentations (requires admin privileges for first-time connection). You can also use USB to transfer data to the projector’s built-in memory
- Connect the included YW-40 wireless LAN adapter for projecting wirelessly from a computer or mobile device that has the MobiShow app installed
- Connect a USB flash drive for “PC-less” presentations