AVIXA has announced the election results for the 2020 AVIXA Board of Directors and Leadership Search Committee.
Samantha (Sam) Phenix, AV tech executive, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the board by AVIXA membership. AVIXA members also elected to the board Alexis Bryant La Broi, CTS, director of sales, mid-Atlantic and New England for VER, and Ian Harris, CTS-D, president and principal consultant, ihD.
The leadership search committee (LSC) also appointed Kay Sargent, senior principal and director of WorkPlace for HOK, as well as reappointed Martin Saul, CEO of ICAP Global, to AVIXA’s board of directors.
AVIXA membership elected Cassie Berger, regional sales manager for Shure, to serve on the LSC. Current AVIXA Board chairman Joe Pham, Ph.D., president and CEO of QSC, made two additional appointments to the LSC: Theresa Hahn, vice president of marketing and business development for Verrex, and Mehryn Corrigan, associate director of strategic alliances marketing for Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America.
A complete list of the 2020 AVIXA Board of Directors is below:
- LSC Chair: Joe Pham, Ph.D., QSC
- Chairman: Jeff Day, North of 10 Advisors
- Vice Chair: Jon Sidwick, Maverick AV Solutions
- Secretary-Treasurer: Samantha (Sam) Phenix, AV Tech Executive
- Directors: Victoria Dade, Sonic Foundry; Ian Harris, CTS-D, ihD; Bharath Kumar, Kramer Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.; Alexis Bryant La Broi, CTS, VER; Catherine Lai, Scientific Games; Rodrigo Ordóñez, CTS-D, K2; Kay Sargent, HOK; and Martin Saul, ICAP Global.
AVIXA thanks outgoing LSC chair and former chairman of the AVIXA board, Julian Phillips of Whitlock, and outgoing board members Wallace Johnson, CTS, WLJ Consulting, and Shaolei Liu, Prime Connections, for their years of service to the AVIXA board of directors.
AVIXA also acknowledges and appreciates the contributions of outgoing LSC members Jeremy Caldera, CTS-D, CTS-I, IAS Technology, Virginia Daugherity, Sonic Foundry, Inc., and Michelle Grabel-Komar, Full Compass Systems.