HDTV Supply has announced the WolfPack 7×16 HDMI Matrix Switcher Kit that accommodates multi-source to multi-display systems (i.e., digital canvasing) using Ethernet via AV-over-IP on 1080p displays. Because it is a matrix switcher, it allows any input to be routed to any output or the same input to be routed to all outputs or any combination. This is not a 4K-capable AV-over-IP system.
Using a one Gigabit (1G) network, the Wolfpack 7×16 Network HDMI Matrix Switch is a preconfigured matrix switch using seven transmitters (encoders) and 16 receivers (decoders) and a 24-port Ethernet Switch. It uses MJPEG (motion JGEP) to deliver 1080p video from sources that are 300 feet away from the Ethernet switch and another 300 feet away to the displays.
7×16 network HDMI matrix switcher features include:
- Supports 720p and 1080p HDMI video plus two-channel audio
- Plug-and-play operation — no programming or setup required
- Extends 1080p HDMI signals up to ~300 feet over a single Cat5e/6 cable
- Traffic can be unicast, multicast or broadcast for different applications
- Allows Wideband IR remote control of sources devices
- Control from a Browser Based GUI
- Compliant with HDCP 1.2
- Uses one Gigabit IP switches
- Extends 1080p HDMI signals up to 300 feet over a single UTP Cat5e/6 cable
- Multicasting and broadcasting architecture, adding more displays without adding LAN bandwidth loading
- Supports point-to-point, point-to-many and many-to-many network configurations
Here are ll the specs.