Designed for theaters with screens up to 72 feet wide, the NEC Display NC2402ML is the company’s latest DCI-compliant RB Laser DLP cinema projector. It delivers precise 2K (2048×1080) resolution, 3D capabilities and high contrast images (2000:1). NEC Display says the NC2402ML is easy to operate, extremely user-friendly and requires minimal maintenance, providing up to 50,000 hours of laser life. The all-in-one Integrated Media Server (IMS) with 2 Laser TB RAID5 of storage reduces the number of peripheral devices needed.
The NEC Display NC2402ML is a 3-chip DLP projector that features RB laser technology and offers exhibitors an affordable and flexible new cinema projection solution, thanks to its interchangeable laser light sources, for cinema venues with medium-sized screens. Starting with one (24,000 lumens) of three swappable light modules (24,000, 20,000 and 18,000 lumens), cinema operators can easily adapt the projector for different needs and screen sizes. This functionality allows operators to future-proof their investment and ensures they can showcase premieres on various screen sizes, whether its 2D features or 3D showpieces.
Unique features include:
- 3D content utilizes the projector’s full 2K resolution and triple flash technology for smooth motion
- Lamp free projector uses an RB laser module
- Approximately 50,000 hours of expected usage of the laser and DMD (depends on environmental conditions)
- Direct selection buttons for eight stored projector configurations
- Projector can be controlled from an optional touchscreen
- Auto brightness control maintains constant brightness by adjusting the laser power as it ages
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses with electronic zoom, focus and lens shift
- Memory functions for lens position and light output simplify frequent operation
Here are the details.